Pages

Wednesday 13 August 2008

FO - Toucan toe ups


Toucan toe ups
Originally uploaded by Bearium

Size: UK 6 made for Hazel
Pattern: my own, toe up with a star toe and afterthought heels
Needles: 2.5mm BB dpns
Yarn: Opal Rainforest Toucan 4ply

I really like the shaping that the star toe gives - it's a much rounder toe than many others. These are my first pair using an afterthought heel and it was definately a good way of matching the stripes. All in all, I was really pleased with the way they came out and Hazel has already ordered another pair this time long enough to wear in her wellies!

3 comments:

Kai said...

They look fab! :) Need to try a star toe at some point.

suse-the-slow-knitta said...

they look great! forgive my ignorance , but what is a star toe?

(I've only made 2 pairs of scoks so far)

Cinders said...

They look fab. havnt heard of a star toe. can you feel the ridge on the heel?