Pages

Tuesday 8 July 2008

Revenge of the mystery shawl


GKMSClue2
Originally uploaded by Bearium

also known as the mystery shawl strikes back.

Yes, it's started already and the mistakes are beginning to flow. I thought I was doing so well. I whistled through Clue 2 and decided to crack straight on with Clue 3 only to get to the end of the first row and discover I was short by a couple of stitches.

Everything was fine before the increase row and as my enthusiasm hadn't waned at this point I gamely frogged back a couple of rows. I noticed that I'd missed a couple of yarn overs so put them back in and finished the row. Decided it was probably a good idea to put all the stitch markers back in during the following knit row and guess what? I have too many stitches now! Argggghh.

It's been sat like that since last Friday. They published Clue 4 last Saturday. I'm really slipping behind :(

1 comment:

Kate said...

Oh, that is so freaky. I clicked on your blog and though it was my shawl haunting me. :-P

I frogged at the beginning of clue 3, too. I think it's the transition from having a fairly comfortable number of stitches to scary lace knitting that does it. But don't worry about being behind. I'm still on clue 3 and am not planning on knitting any more for a while. As long as I collect all the clues, it'll be done eventually. :-)