Pages

Wednesday 4 February 2009

mmm fibre

Lookie lookie, new squishy goodies! Actually, the postman has been really good to me this last week and it's not even my birthday til the weekend. I have a mountain of fibre and yarn to roll in and dye up and lots of new things to spin. This top one is my current favourite and has got to be the next thing on my wheel - if I can stop stroking it that is. It's some of Sara's "Biffle/silk" that I'd asked her to dye for my birthday but then I won her birthday competition too. How cool is that? It's luverly :D She's got a new shop on Folksy if you fancy some of your own and she does some absolutely fab colours.

Also hitting my doormat last week in time for my return from Oz was this shetland humbug from Shunklies. This one's destined to be a rather funky pair of socks as my spinning has finally reached the stage where I can get a more or less consistant 4ply equivalent. Yay. I think it's down to all the practice I got in Australia as with the weather being what it was, we got to spend quite a lot of time indoors. In fact, this is where I got to sit and spin - a bit different from my usual corner of the lounge in front of the tv!

1 comment:

suse-the-slow-knitta said...

gorgeous fibre,and happy birthday in advance!
I love the top colourway, the jewel tones are wonderful.