Pages

Wednesday 7 November 2007

Here's one I made earlier


Jaywalk
Originally uploaded by Bearium
It's my Jaywalker socks, they're finished and a perfect fit and of course, I've already worn them! I ummed and arred about matching the stripes but in the end I opted not to bother and actually they've ended up matching quite well.

No thanks to Opal that is as, not only was there a break in the yarn, it had be rejoined in the wrong direction!! As I was mid stripe I decided to wind the wool on to make it match and noticed straight away - luckily before I'd started knitting. I don't have a problem with the stripes not lining up but I'd have been really peeved if they'd started going in the wrong order. This is the first time I've had a problem with any of the Opal wools I've had and hopefully it'll be the last.

Anyhow down to the details:
Pattern: Jaywalkers by Grumperina
Yarn is Opal Rainforest2 in Peacock colourway
Needles: 2.5mm BB dnps

The pattern was very easy to follow and shows off the striping in the yarn beautifully. Will I make them again? yes

1 comment:

Kai said...

cool jaywalkers! and they are kinda matching. :)