Pages

Sunday 18 May 2008

Bags and I ramble a bit again

So, did you spot the not so deliberate mistake in the last post? It all got a bit confusing in the end, the post is dated Wednesday, I carried on writing it on Thursday and actually published it Friday. Oops. If I hadn't been feeling so rough I'd have sorted it out, I really must find out where it is I change the date on the post. I remember reading you can post date them somewhere, might be handy as it's almost time for the holidays. So just why was I all over the place? Well that would be the lurgy that the mighty midget brought home from school and generously gave me. He's disgusting healthy as per usual but I succumbed. I now have fabulously tight stomach muscles (and not from exercising I might add) and my appetite is gradually recovering. Anyhow, back to the interesting stuff.
I seem to remember promising an update on the blogoversary bag so without further ado, I present my most recent offering, the blogoversary bag. I still haven't thought of a better name yet but am I pleased with it? oh yes :) Here it is decorating our apple tree just before posting. It ended up as a rather useful sized tote, actually it'd make a great knitting bag. It's fully lined with a couple of good sized pockets inside and a draw string closure on the top. Perfect for keeping all your needles and yarns in place when you're out and about (hehe, have I sold it to you yet?). I deliberately chose a nice bright, contrasting colour for the lining and it works really nicely with the colours in the yarn. I think I'm going to go back and pick up some more of the lining material as I absolutely love the colour.

6 comments:

scarletti said...

Thanks for dropping by my blog and leaving a comment. I love your blogoversary bag. Stunning colours. Am looking forwards to having a nosey around your blog now. Hope the bugfest clears off soon.

Karen said...

Hello there. I came across your bag as a FO on Ravelry and it lead me to your blog. Very nice, I'll be back. Hope you are feeling much better.

Cinders said...

Hope you're feeling better. kids are soo generous with with their tummy bugs arnmt they. Glad you put a piccie of the bag up. It makes great knitting tote and I want to know how you get the rolled edges to it

Viknits said...

Thanks :)
go on join the swap, you know you want to! :p

Your blogversary bag is gorgeous, looks really professional and well lined :)

Hope you're better soon - my tummy bug is still with me after two weeks (worryingly!) :(

Eunice said...

Love the bag Lucy - beaut shape and colours. What are you doing for the Fayre?
Love the photos too...great weather you're having! Wish I was there!

suse-the-slow-knitta said...

love the bag! enjoy your jaunt to Northumberland, the fresh air will help you recover from the lurgy.