Pages

Wednesday 1 April 2009

I love hats!

I haven't been completely unconstructive with my time lately, although the housework has slipped a bit as usual, I've been knitting like mad and dyeing away. Most of the last couple of weeks of new sock yarn hasn't actually made it as far as the shop though as the ladies of my knitting groups have dived on it instead. Still, can't complain the new yarn bases are a success and I'll definately be ordering more - the general consensus in Colchester seems to be that it needs to be superwash.

Although it's sunny again today, last week saw me making hats again. You can never have too many and I'm loving Woolly Wormhead's hats at the minute. My new haircut means I can wear beret's at last without looking really daft so I've finished a new Meret, made a Starburst hat for one of my friends and am considering doing another for me. I've also lined up Jared Flood's Porum pattern, Lisa's beret and a Flappy Cabler (sorry, those are all Rav links and I'm too lazy to find others). Never mind that I have a couple of pairs of socks on the go, I'm trying to finish two cardigans for myself, the mighty midget has put in a request for a jumper and I've also promised to knit dad a new aran. Are there enough hours in the day?

It's funny, I sat down to finish this post and suddenly realised it was a week old! Where on earth has the time gone? I only saved it to go and find some pictures of my finished hats. So here's me looking silly, wearing hats and yay, new hair.
Pattern: Starburst by Wooly Wormhead
Yarn: Wendy aran
Needles: 4.5mm
Pattern: Meret by Wooly Wormhead
Yarn: Sirdar aran with wool
Needles: 4.5mm

Rubbish pictures of me, but the hats are fine ;)

1 comment:

suse-the-slow-knitta said...

fab hats- I need to make myself a Meret too!