Pages

Wednesday 8 April 2009

Travelling North

as I said at the end of the last post, I suddenly realised I'd not been blogging again and I'm annoyed with myself as I'd decided I'd try and post more this month. We're a week into April already, it's the holidays and we definately seem to be stockpiling Easter eggs. I also have a huge shop update to get posted but as heading to Manchester again in the morning, it'll have to wait.

We've been making the most of the lovely weather and been outside in the garden for the last few days. It's beginning to look great and now that we've cleared the bottom of the garden, I have a whole new veggie patch to fill and it's twice the size of the last one. All of the plum trees are covered in blossom too so hopefully we'll have a bumper crop this year and we've had the first of the rhubarb already. Yum. Hang on a mo, when did this turn into a gardening blog?

So to redress the balance a little, how about some yarn? Homespun yarn at that. This is some of my favourite so far, it's BFL/silk from Babylonglegs. The first bobbin came in at 26wpi, the second at 28wpi. It's more or less consistent and the finished yarn came out if I've measured it right at about 16wpi. It's lovely and it's going to make me a fantastic pair of socks :D

2 comments:

suse-the-slow-knitta said...

gorgeous colour!

BabyLongLegs said...

That is such a pretty yarn......
I may have to steal a pic or two to show off on my blog.....is that okay?

Hugs
S xXx