Pages

Tuesday 11 September 2007

What a monster



I have this fantastic weed in my garden and it's turned into a complete monster. I must have dropped one of the seeds off last years sunflowers at some point and when I saw this one coming up, I thought "it won't get that big" and so I didn't bother to pull it out. Oops.
They didn't get this big last year, that's for sure. The head must measure 18 inches across! I'm thinking there's going to be some very happy little birds in our garden this winter :)

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

Wow! That's insane! I have some crazy tall tomato plants this year (with the world's slowest-to-ripen tomatoes, too!), but nothing quite that gigantic.

YarnSnob said...

OMG thats the biggest one I've seen!!! Its ginormous!!

Bearium said...

the head's even bigger since this was taken too!