Pages

Monday 30 June 2008

Swaps and secret knitting revealed

I can finally post about one of my secret knitting projects now that it's in the possession of it's new owner. I signed up to the last Angel Yarns Knitting Forums swap before I realised quite how busy I was going to be last month. It was a bit of a mad dash as I was juggling so many things but I got there in the end, albeit a little late. Paula aka Sockaholic got the parcel this morning and I think she's pleased with it all. The main part is a horseshoe lace stole in Jojoland Melody. Inspired by Jacqui who started a KAL for this, I used the stitch pattern from Heirloom Knitting and added a garter stitch border to help keep it's shape. It took two balls in all and once blocked it ended up 13" by about 56" - I actually lost the piece of paper I wrote the sizes down on so I can't remember the exact length :s Suffice to say, it was plenty long enough. I might make myself one at some point too as I rather liked it :)
I also made a little project tote, just the right size for carry round a pair of socks or something similar. I'm definately going to be making myself one of these, it's so handy. I used the tutorial on Drago[knit]fly's blog which was really helpful. I'm sure some of you are plenty handy enough with a sewing machine to have a go yourselves. Finally I added a skein of merino sock yarn in shades of blue. I'm hoping to be able to repeat that colourway because it really was lovely. Mind you, the yarn is so soft it probably wouldn't matter what colour you dyed it.

Hmm, I'm completely getting off the point. I also got a fabulous parcel in return from Ruth aka thegirlthatknits. Unfortunately, my camera is refusing to give up the pictures tonight (technology grrr) so I'm hoping to bring them to you tomorrow. It was full of lovely goodies but I'll wait for the pictures to tell all.

1 comment:

Naomi said...

The lace looks lovely!

Thanks for the link to the project bag...have been wanting to make one of those!

Funny to read how you came to my blog. Isn't the internet fun (and a black hole!)?

Take care!