Pages

Sunday 29 June 2008

UK Swap, Question #3

I've been a bit slack about joining in with some of the extra's that have been part of the new round of the UK Swap and tbh, I just couldn't get my head round last weeks question which was about who I'd like to invite for dinner. I must have been having an antisocial couple of days. Anyhow this one leapt out at me as being a SAHM, tv does play a fairly big role in my social life. I know, sad/boring isn't it! So, this weeks poser is:

Is there a TV programme you watch religiously?
What TV programme(s) do you avoid like the plague?
Is there a TV programme that you find works particularly well for knitting along to?
What was/is your favourite kids TV programme?

I'm a bit of a sucker for medical dramas and cop shows and also most things sci fi. Unfortunately, Dr Who is on at just the wrong time of night (ie: the mighty midget's bedtime) and lets face it, some of those episodes have scared me. Imagine how they must look to a five year old! I do try and catch it on Iplayer if I can. So anyhow, the only thing I'm watching religiously at the moment is Grey's Anatomy. Yes, I know it's totally unbelievable, pure escapism but I just can't get enough.

I avoid Coronation St, Emmerdale, Hollyoaks. In fact most soaps and yes I do realise that you could argue Grey's Anatomy is a soap too. I don't care! Big Brother 9 anyone? The previous 8 weren't enough?

It doesn't matter what I'm watching, I'll knit anyway. Unless I get too engrossed that is. I got lent the first series of 24 last year and decided to watch it while I was ironing. Only then I suddenly realised that I'd put the iron down some while before and I was just leaning on the board glued to the screen.

Ah, kids tv, that's a biggie. I've watched an awful lot of cbeebies over the last few years and to tell the truth, I'm fairly sick of most of it. There are a few exceptions ...... I have this little sister Lola, she is small and very funny....
From my own childhood though, it's been a while but I remember watching The Magic Roundabout and Captain Pugwash, Chortle and the Wheelies, Stingray, Fireball XL5. Some real old classics but I don't particularly remember a specific favourite. I don't think we actually watched a great deal of tv, well not kids tv. I've watched Blake 7 and Star Trek and Dr Who from a very early age. Some things, I guess you never really grow out of ;D

1 comment:

suse-the-slow-knitta said...

I wouldn't be able to wait to watch Dr Who, my kids would be in bed by 6pm!