Pages

Friday 14 March 2008

FO - Forest Canopy No 3

Two finishes in one day, well almost. It's more a case of it's nice camera friendly weather today, a quick respite between this weeks gales and the rain that's forecast for the weekend. So here in all it's glory is the latest of my Forest Canopy shawls and once again, it's for someone else. sigh Modelled by the mighty midget in his usual cheeky style. This time around I'm using some 4ply out of my own dye pots in a rather nice shades of blue, purple and mauve. I do have virtually a whole skein of this left and as there's not going to be quite enough for another shawl, it'll probably end up as socks. I think I might have to repeat this colourway as it came out really well and I have some rather nice undyed merino 4ply lurking in my stash. Back to the shawl, after blocking it measures 56" x 25" (or in new money that's 142 x 64cm) which works out to thirteen pattern repeats plus the edging - two more repeats than the original pattern. Shame I have to give it away really, I'd better wrap it up quick before I change my mind.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

He's really workin' it in that second photo :D The shawl looks beautiful, well done for having the patience! x

Kai said...

It's gorgeous! Absolutely stunning and I LOVE the colours... *drools*

Cinders said...

The shawl is lovely. loe the colour. Suits your little batman!!

YarnSnob said...

beautiful and look at his cheeky smile lol