Pages

Sunday 13 January 2008

Waving not drowning

You know, I've never quite managed to get to grips with this whole posting everyday business but then this week has actually been quite a busy week. Anyhow, I'm back again and once more sat in front of my pc and I have pictures like I promised!

So, what have I actually been doing? Where do I start? Well, there's the whole new school run and boy has that changed a few things around here. I'm looking forward to things settling down a bit now that the Mighty Midget is going to be in school every day. Whoohoo, free time! (lol, who am I trying to kid!) I've been knitting of course and this week was Stitch and Bitch week so I got to meet up with all my lovely knitting pals who I haven't seen since before Christmas.

Right, how about some pictures then. This is the first time (I think) that I have had knitting goodies for Christmas and I'm really pleased with the selection. Mum always asks me what I want and usually I have no idea so it was great to be able to say, actually I'll have a book. I gave her a list of some that I've been eyeing up for a while and left it up to her. I didn't just get one though, I got three! Fantastic. How about these then, I have something for almost all my current knitting passions - Spin to Knit as I'm determined to get to grips with spinning this year. Andean Folk Knits, mostly for this little purse bag pattern but also because it reminds me of my time spent backpacking in Peru and finally, Heirloom Lace. There are so many beautiful lace patterns in it, I'm not entirely sure where to start.

My aunt also bought me this pack of strange brown yarn to play with. It's the strangest stuff I've seen in a while, almost like a string with bits of chenille woven into it. Not quite sure what I'm going to do with it but I'm sure I'll think of something.

Finally the last of my knitting gifts and probably the most surprising. I opened up a parcel from my sister to discover a scarf. She taught herself to knit - how cool is that! I lured her into John Lewis' last time I was in Manchester and showed her the delights of the knitting department. She was apparently hooked and went back again after I left and I have this lovely snuggly shawl to show for it. Thanks sis :)

1 comment:

Kai said...

Love the books! I've been making lists of books that I want too.. :)

Lovely pressie from your sis.. any idea what she used to make it, it's gorgeous!