Pages

Thursday 31 January 2008

My Best of 2007

Wow, what a week it's been. I've been meaning to get back to blogging for a few days but well, sometimes real life interferes. I'll save that explanation for another time. Anyway, back to where I left off last time - best of 2007.
This has actually been more difficult to decide than I realised, there are somethings that were really obvious that I needed to include but some (like the yarns) where it was very difficult to narrow it down to just one. Anyhow, here's what I came up with.

1. your best FO of the year
I think this is probably my Noni Lattice Bag, I absolutely love it and use it a lot. It made such a great hold all, I actually use it as my knitting bag and take it along to all my SnB meetings.

2. best FO of the year made by a blog you link to
This was quite a difficult one to decide but I think the person who consistently amazes me with the things she knits is Soo. I'm not sure I can narrow it down to one particular item as she has knitted some incredible lace projects this last year but I've loved her Nieblings.

3. best yarn you tried
I tried quite a few new yarns in 2007 but one of my favourites is the Natural Dye Studio BFL sock yarn. I've got another couple of skeins in my stash, I'm just waiting for the right pattern to knit it up. I got to visit Amanda's studio last summer and it was really inspiring to see the way she dyes - and it's all completely natural. Fab.

4. best new book/mag/pattern of 2007
I experienced Interweave Knits for the first time this year, discovered Elizabeth Zimmerman and Nora Bellows and of course, Ravelry!

5. best new knitting technique or gadget you tried in 2007
Felting, definately. I've always been a bit of a handbag queen but now I can make my own fab and unique ones.

6. top 5 inspirations--what five things inspired you the most over the past year?
One of the most inspirational things of last year was discovering my local knitting group, Colchester Stitch and Bitch. I've made some fabulous friends, taught and learned new techniques, shared patterns, coffee and lots of good times. I only wish we had time to do it more than once a fortnight. They have been a real lifeline and source of joy.

7. designer who most amazed & inspired you throughout the year
Nora Bellows - her designs are so vibrant

8. knitting resolutions for 2008--what's next for you and your blog?
So 2008, what next? The blog initially was a bit of an experiment as I've never been a great one for keeping diaries but I think it's been a success - it's almost a year old! I'd like to update the style of the blog a little so expect some changes over the next few months.
For me, I'd like to get some more of my ideas converted into patterns and hopefully get some published. I'm going to be going back to work shortly and hopefully by the end of the year, I'll be a trainee teacher (gulp!). Most importantly of course, keep knitting!

No comments: