Pages

Monday 14 January 2008

You need to lay off the caffeine more

Sometimes I find it really quite painful reading things that I have written earlier. No matter how much I edit things at the time and jiggle them about, I always manage to spot some glaring error the next time around. My sentences are too long, did I really mean to say that like that? You know, that kind of thing. I know it's probably me being picky again but I really can't stand bad grammar and in this day and age, there's no real excuse for spelling mistakes when most computer programs have some sort of built in spell checker.

Everywhere I go these days it seems there's yet another notice somewhere with a mistake in it. Sometimes it's really hard to stop myself taking out a pen and correcting it! I'm as guilty as the next person of not using the spell checker as often as perhaps I should but at least I am aware of what I'm doing. Like actively choosing to ignore the American dictionary that is built into this program and many others. As I've ticked every box that I've found so far to say that yes, I am actually English, I'm guessing that there isn't a way of changing dictionary in blogger. I have looked. Perhaps not hard enough? Anyway, I'll just have to keep on ignoring it and adding my own words as I go along.

I think perhaps I'm having "one of those evenings" as I'm finding things to gripe about. It's been a long day but I should be blogging about more interesting things like the stash I've acquired when I'm supposed to be abstaining and the like. Maybe it's just because I'm tired and maybe I need to take my own advice and lay off the caffeine for a bit. I seem to have been mainlining it all day, well more than usual anyhow. It's this cold and damp weather that does it, I just find myself constantly switching on the kettle. Hmm, so what next then? Cup of tea? Decaf of course ..... it is nearing bedtime and I do want to get some sleep tonight. lol

1 comment:

Kai said...

*hugs* Sounds like you were having one of those days... hope you slept well.