Pages

Monday 16 July 2007

MS3 - Clue 2

I fought the mystery stole and won. At last! I did indeed have to frog clue 2 back to the lifeline - the error continued to elude me and I just couldn't be bothered wasting more time in trying to find it. Especially when clue 3 was published Friday. I sat down Friday evening and got stuck into it, after all the problems I'd had, it just flowed from the needles. I finished the last few rows last night and put a life line in as soon as I'd done. The life line turned out to be a total lifesaver and I will never heap scorn on anyone who can't knit lace without one again. I have learned my lesson - the hard way of course, but learned it I have.

So here we have it, loosely pinned out to show the lace developing and a close up to see the beads glisten in the light.
Any ideas on a theme yet? Not having read all of Melanie's comments on it, initially I had thought that it might be Harry Potter themed, black and white being darkness and light. I thought it looked like a snake's head a the point but apparently, she has ruled out HP. No matter how many times I look at it though, still keep seeing a shield. Maybe it'll be heraldic, apparently her themes are usually pretty cryptic so it'll probably be something entirely different! So, back to the drawing board again for another think.

2 comments:

Kai said...

it looks stunning and those beads are lovely! :)

It actually looks like a scarab beetle to me, but I'm not guessing. :) Happy to just knit it at the moment

Lindsey said...

Very nice! Yours is coming along beautifully. :-)

I'm enjoying reading all the guesses for the theme, but I'm in the not-guessing crowd, mainly because her other themes have been so indirect. Looking at Leda's Dream, Hanami, Scheherazade, etc. I would never be able to guess what the theme was based on the patterns. Once I hear Melanie's explanation of the themes, it all makes sense...but no way could my little brain figure it out from the pictures or stitches. :-)