Pages

Thursday 12 April 2007

Do not change your needles half way through a project!

As I said yesterday I picked up the sock I had on the go again over the weekend. I've been merrily knitting away, turned the heel last night and am now on the final straight for the second sock - the leg itself. All fine and dandy you might think, well it is, sort of. I'm using one of the Opal Element colourways which is knitting up nicely but as there was such an obvious stripe around the toe, I decided to match the socks.
Having knitted the first sock (all bar the cuff) I decided to start the second on my new Brittany Birch dpn's. Well, to cut a long story short I think my tension for the second sock must differ slightly, not by much but enough to throw the striping out after the heel. Ho hum. So am I going to frog them? No dammit! I still like them and DS won't care either way.

So, the moral of the story is.... Do not change your needles half way through a project!

3 comments:

sebskins said...

oh sorry to hear about that but they look really nice, don't frog, it won't be noticable :)
I love the pattern on my socks but didn't like the colour, so rather than put it in the back of my stash, I'll just give it away, providing knitters don't mind it frogged etc.xx

Laia said...

Oh, please don´t frog them!they look good and I´m sure DS won´t mind... I´m thinking about knitting stripey socks myself, they look so cool! and with not much effort :P I'll remember your advice about the needles...

Bearium said...

thanks guys and no, I didn't frog them. I've just chalked it up to experience and started another pair ;)