Pages

Friday 27 April 2007

Granny squares, cat blankets and a little something to make you smile

I've been trying to use up some of the odds and ends in the stash to make space for more lovelies for a while and as usual, I fall back on that age old stand by the granny square. I've been doing them for as long as I can remember - they were probably the first thing I learned to crochet all those years ago. (I think I must have been about ten). Anyhow, back to the point on the post. I discovered I had a pile of blue yarn left over from knitting for DS so I thought what better way to use it up than to make a big comfy floor cushion for him to roll around on. I managed to get a copy of 200 Crochet Blocks from the library and found myself a rather nice alternative to the usual treble blocks and so I began.

They turned out a little bigger than expected (about 6 inches square). I don't know why I was expecting them to be smaller, it's not as though it was the first time crocheting or anything. I just plain didn't think! So the cushion is either going to be huge or maybe a blanket. A cat blanket perhaps? Here's the lovely Amber showing just how much she appreciates our efforts and this is mum trying to crochet her own granny blanket around the cat.

Daft animal, I can't decide whether she loves us or the knitting more!

I think maybe it's time that I made her a blanket of her own so that maybe she'll leave ours alone. Will it work? Maybe. Probably not knowing the cat. Still it'll be worth a go.

Thanks SusanCrowe for posting the link to the Granny Along blog, this one really made me smile. It certainly gives a whole new meaning to the granny square!

Enjoy :D

2 comments:

El Mercadito de Cintita said...

oh my!!! this suim suit is absolutely fabulous!!! is there any possibility for me to find the pattern somewhere? thanx and congrats" your blogs are great

kim kotary said...

I'd love to see the tan lines.